My hands and feet have started feeling very dry of late and lotions were not really solving the problem. So, I went in search of some cream and ended up buying two pots of Nivea soft and had to stop myself from buying more. Anyway, the pot is white in colour and sturdy and small. It can be easily carried and won’t even take much space. It comes in three sizes i.e. 50 ml, 100 ml and 200 ml. I bought two 100 ml ones and have been using it for around a month. I have used up more than half of the content.
What Nivea claims:
They don’t claim any life altering effect per se. All the label says is light texture, refreshing soft cream with jojoba oil and vitamin E for invigorated and smooth skin.
What it does:
The first thing that will strike you is that the cream is indeed very light textured. It resembles a thick lotion a lot more than a cream. I have a very oily skin but I still needed something which would keep my palms and my feet moisturized for some time. This cream does just that! It smells just like a typical Nivea product. If you’re using it on your feet, it does get slippery if you try and walk straightaway after applying the cream. The cream gets absorbed easily but it leaves behind a feeling similar to that of glycerine. I just use the cream (if I am not feeling lazy) twice a day and that is more than sufficient to keep the dryness away. So, I’d say, this cream does live up to its claim.
Price: For 50 ml, Rs.79
For 100 ml, Rs 135
For 200 ml, Rs 210
Water, Myristyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat., Stearic Acid, Petrolatum, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Dimethicone, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba), Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyglyceryl 2 Caprate, Phenoxyethanol, Lanolin Alcohol, Fragrance, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Cetyl Phosphate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben
- Light textured so doesn’t feel heavy on the skin.
- Decently priced.
- It provides substantial moisturization. This cream has spared me the itchy feeling that ou get when the skin becomes very dry.
- The only thing that you can call a con would be that you have to use your hands to take out the content from the pot but the Nivea soft is available in tube form as well so even that is not a problem.
- Preservatives like paraben.
- It contains denatured alcohol and that has a drying effect on the skin. However, I did not feel any drying effect.
Will I buy it again?
I already have another one left!
(written for M&B)
(written for M&B)